Summers are here; monsoons are near. Time to store your closed shoes deep somewhere in your winter closet and say hello to open footwear. The open footwear trend is not just in right now but also an essential factor to steer clear of sweaty, uncomfortable feet. While you surf the store and pick your favourite pair of women’s open footwear, we are here to give you some fashion tips and tricks on how to carry off the trend perfectly. Read on to know more.
The Gypsy Spirit: Add fire to your gypsy soul with a pair of gladiator flats. A summer must-have, gladiator sandals are all the rage this season. If you do not like the mess of tying numerous straps around your leg, simply opt for a basic version of a gladiator sandal that goes up till the ankle and has a zipper/buckle/elastic closure.
Team the gladiator sandals with
– a maxi dress and create the perfect wanderer look. Add a lot of multicolored junk jewellery.
– a pair of rugged denims and a layered tank top to create a rockstar look. Add silver-hued metallic jewellery.
The Pretty Pastels: Pastels never go out of trend and summers are the perfect time to flaunt these serene hues. Choose open footwear in pretty pastels shades to create a summer-perfect look. Whether you choose flat sandals, chappals or heeled open footwear, pastel tones look good on any shape of footwear and they complement your outfit beautifully.
Team the pastel slip-ons and sandals with
– a cute skater dress for a playful day look. Add minimal floral jewellery.
– a neutral toned coordinated ensemble for a cool formal look. Add a structured arm bag in a similar tone.
The Sexy Siren: Who said party footwear for women only mean a pair of 6-inch pumps? Let’s take the summer style to the nightlife as well. Slip into a pair of strappy or metallic flat/low-heeled sandals with your glamorous dress for the night. It’s sexy and it’s comfortable. Win-win, we say!
Team the strappy/metallic sandals with
– a metallic bodycon dress for a subtle yet fun look. Add a glitzy clutch and minimal metallic jewellery.
– an all black jumpsuit for a stunning party look. Add a metallic belt in a hue similar to the footwear and a blingy sling bag.